My daughter’s and my friend’s late night request…Well first I said: Can you wait until tomorrow?They said: No We’ve got to eat some dessert tonight,we are craving for irmik helvasi(semolina dessert). I decided to make it .I had no choice, but it is always pleasure to make my baby happy:0)
1/4 cup medium size semolina,
115 gr unsalted butter,
4 tbsp pine nuts,
4 tbsp shredded unsalted goat cheese( Can be find in middle eastern grocery stores)
2+1/3 cup sugar,
2+2/3 cup water
- Prepare the syrup cooking water and sugar in a pot and put aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add semolina and pine nuts.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium-low heat until the color turns to a medium golden shade.
- Add the warm syrup.
- Stir until the mixture becomes doughy and leaves the edges of the pot.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the shredded cheese and cover the lid wait for the cheese to melt.
- Serve hot or warm.